2 August 2014

The Dorchester Curiosity Centre


As a self-professed aficionado of all things vintage and well loved, the local curiosity centre is my favourite spot for a Saturday morning wander. From idle chats over redbush tea and gluten free cake to no-nonsense furniture hunts, it serves every possibility. It just so happens that I'm one for cake! 
 
 

 





 

This place is an upcyclers dream and for the less capable there are lovingly restored items and racks of clothing; eras ranging from the 1930s to the 1990s. My latest find is a Paul Costelloe silk blouse for £16 in mint condition-  heavenly! 

Bargains aside, the champion perk has to be that there is wheelchair access. Ok, so I don't always roll around this shop, but on those less than average days it can be nice to sit back and let someone else do the navigating. I find that antique stores in general don't seem to account for disabled customers so this is quite the rarity and vintage rummages are no longer reserved only for the tip-top days.

Where's your Saturday morning rendezvous?


4 comments :

  1. This place looks really awesome, lovely to see a fellow vintage lover Rachel!!

    Emma x

    emmamecfs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma, I was so envious of your new piece! Hope you're doing as well as poss today xx

      Delete
  2. I love quirky places like that :) in our are you can't even get the wheelchair over the door step! But, I'm looking forward to being well enough to walk into one :) good job :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find that's the case with a lot of these places Laura, you'll have to come to Dorset! I hope that you are feeling up to walking into one sometime soon :) x What a great goal to have!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...