17 October 2014

The highlight of summer


Thanks to my health the summer was pretty uneventful, skipping out on sunbathing on the beach and weekend getaways for everyday odds and ends, but I did have one particularly special plan penciled into my diary. Katharine and I met through our blogs and instagram a few months ago and have since kindled a friendship through long conversations over the phone; sharing everything from our 'poorly experiences' to mutual guinea piggy adoration. Last month we managed to get together and boy oh boy, did we have a good time.

After we finally stopped hugging... okay, so that didn't happen. Correction: Mid hug, we exchanged gifts, enjoyed a spot of lunch and chatted endlessly.
Four slices of dodgy gluten-free cake and three Polaroids later we had already planned a second get together before Katharine returned to uni, as well as oodles of high time adventures for Christmas and the upcoming new year.

Jokes aside, Katharine is such a ray of sunshine in the fogginess of chronic illness. Sometimes in life the unthinkable happens; your health deteriorates for whatever reason and suddenly you're faced with an uphill climb. To have a friend who truly understands the struggle is a blessing in itself, but to find one who is willing to hold your hand, laugh at all the misfortunes and assure you that every obstacle is worth overcoming, is something I never thought possible.




Thank you Katharine for having the unwavering ability to make the tough times that much more bearable, I have no doubt that all the good times we will share in the future will be entirely unforgettable. 

If you would like to check out Katharine's blog head over to katharineandme.blogspot.co.uk

8 comments :

  1. Awww this makes me so happy! It's so nice to have made such good friendships from a tough time. If there is anything that is good to come out of all of this, it's the friendships! You are both so beautiful inside and out <3

    Hayley-Eszti

    www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment Hayley, spoonie friends truly are like little, shining stars and I don't know where I'd be without you all! <3
      P.S. Your recent blog posts have really helped to get me through a tough few weeks and I have no doubt that there are a lot of others who feel the same, you're a babe x

      Delete
  2. I ADORE this post (and you of course!) <3 You've captured it so well and have definitely done such an amazing day justice. It was the highlight of my summer too! I loved the bit about hugging - that is so true! There was always one more hug to be had and I'm so glad you're as big a fan of hugs as I am (including those that involve Mabel and Doris of course!) I'm a bit (okay a lot) behind on blog posts but we will soon feature on my blog very soon too :D

    Thank you so much for being such a truly incredible friend, Rachel. I feel so blessed to have met you; our friendship brings me so much happiness and meeting you has made all this chronic illness rubbishiness more than worth it! I can't wait for all that's to come in the future and all the adventures we'll have - I'm already so looking forward to meeting up at Christmas, and even more so for our plans for the summer!

    With all my love and yet another HUGE hug!

    Katharine

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope I did you justice... my number one and I hope that you know just how HUGE a difference you've made to my life <3
      Please don't worry about getting a blog post up any time soon, I'll look forward to reading one when you're ready, there's no rush. XOX

      Delete
  3. This post makes me so happy! How lovely that you met up :) I'm so pleased you had a lovely time together. Sending lots of love.
    Faye
    freckles&all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Faye, and may I say how great it is to see you back! I really hope you're feeling okay these days and settling into your new home. All my love x

      Delete
  4. Aww, I absolutely loved reading this! I've been having a good catch up on your blog and this was my favourite post as it's so lovely that such good friendships can blossom from the awfulness that is chronic illness. You beautiful ladies are the best thing that could've come from this situation and if there's one thing I've got to thank ME for, it's 'meeting' you all! So much love for this post and you two gorgeous women!

    Meg at Meg Says

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwh, thank you so much for having a read :) I think it might just be my favourite post too, and the easiest to write for sure. I couldn't put it better myself. Lots of love and gentle hugs xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...