5 September 2014

Attention tea lovers

Seen as it’s now September and autumn is officially creeping around the corner I couldn't of picked a more fitting time to share with you my love of tea. I don’t think anyone can deny that snuggling up under a blanket with a cup of ‘cha’ in the autumn/winter months is categorically the best feeling in the world. Enough said. 

Since giving up caffeine last year I have tried and tested a whole host of herbals, some good, some ghastly.  Here are the best of the bunch tailored to your every occasion. 

Disclaimer: I know nothing beats good old fashioned tea, but this one is for the caffeine free freaks among us. Or maybe I'll convert you!

One for the early riser: 
The smell could fool anyone into thinking that this is a traditional cuppa: Tick Tock Organic Rooibos Green Tea.  I've noticed the early morning to be the peek time for caffeine cravings and the hardest alternative to find, but this green tea blend is both refreshing and thirst quenching (and to be honest the scent isn't deceiving - it tastes pretty similar). This benefits from the quality of loose leaf with the convenience of a bag and doesn't have the marmite personality of regular rooibos. The flavour intensifies when it's left to infuse so is perfect if you're looking for something with a little more oomph.


One for the evening sipper:
 While a cup of tea can't solve all of life's little dramas this one can definitely sit them on the back burner: Taylors/Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Chamomile and Vanilla
"Nobody understands plants quite like the Royal Botanic Gardens." - partnered with Taylors I present to you the dream team. Neither flavour dominates with this melodious cup. Oh serenity! 


One for the gyppy tummied: 
If, like me, you are not the biggest ginger fan this might just prove to be the stomach settling tea for you: Pukka, Three Mint. This sweet-smelling blend of peppermint, spearmint and fieldmint is a light bodied brew that promotes healthy digestion. Whilst there is a lingering peppermint aftertaste, I find that it is not too overpowering; the flavour is nicely balanced by the natural sweetness of the spearmint. 
This little, 'mentholy' bag really packs a punch. 


One for the sweet tooth: 
I'm happy to admit that this tastes like any other fruit blend, but it's all about personal preference and I love this combo: Twinings, Cranberry and Raspberry. The tartness of the cranberries prevents that dreaded sweetness induced rasp at the back of the throat and it is so wonderfully tangy. Summer in a cup. 


One for the indulger:  
The subtle mix of six warm spices elevates this from an every day tea and it is uber satisfying: Pukka Vanilla Chai. Usually with chai I find myself compromising on taste just to experience that pungent aroma, but this brew scores well all across the board.
I think this will be one of my winter warming staples.  A tea for the soul... or dessert!


So are you tempted?

6 comments :

  1. We all love tea, right? Your photos are so cute! I love the cranberry and raspberry one, I do have a bit of a sweet tooth! :)

    Hayley-Eszti | www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Hayley! It was so much fun to do ๐Ÿ˜Š Twinings know where it's at! Xx

      Delete
  2. Yay tea! I love tea! Well done Rachel. :o)
    I hadn't realised the Tick Tock Green Rooibos is caffeine free, I assumed it was a blend with green tea in it so have been avoiding it! I like the Tick Tock Earl Grey Rooibos and well, lots of different teas... I'll have to send you a pic of my tea basket! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tessa. Yes it's naturally caffeine free so it shouldn't cause any problems for you. Please do! X

      Delete
  3. I've discovered fruit teas too in an attempt to go decaf, what a good idea for a post! :) I love the Cranberry and Raspberry on too I often have it as a pudding! :) xx

    www.jennyhelenmyspoonielife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny,
      I'm so glad that you like the post :) Going caffeine free can be so beneficial but it is also really hard to fill the void! I hope this has helped. x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...