25 November 2014

A Spoonful of She


This post has been stacked up in my drafts for quite a few weeks, eagerly awaiting it's publish date, but today I'm finally able to share with you some very exciting news. For a short while now four of my spoonie friends and I have been embarking on a rather special project... a la YouTube. You guessed it - we are starting a channel together!

Since deciding to embrace my inner Carrie Bradshaw and starting a blog, earlier this year, whilst equally significantly becoming an avid viewer of the Michalak clan, I've often wondered what it would be like to start my own YouTube channel. It was an aspiration that sat quietly at the back of my mind; saved for a rainy day. Aside from feeling overwhelmed by the prospect of putting myself out there quite so boldly, I didn't think that the pressure of weekly filming, editing and uploading would be something that I could take on given my health limitations.
Unbeknownst to me, Hayley and Emma were mulling over a similar situation and got to talking about how we could wiggle around the obstacles, and sure enough a light bulb moment ensued. The suggestion that we group together to run a channel seemed to be the obvious solution and a natural progression from blogging. Uploading one video every five weeks sounds a great deal more manageable and I'm pretty certain that it will be a whole lot more fun sharing the experience with four of my lovely gals.

After countless WhatsApp message alerts we came to realise that the channel shouldn't be focused solely on living with ill health but rather everything that we share in common: beauty chats, foodie videos, vlogs and essentially anything else that five regular girls, who just happen to have a chronic illness, should want to upload. With this in mind we decided that the name, A Spoonful of She, should embrace the idea that we are sharing a 'spoonful' of our lives, hobbies and adventures.




They say that when life gives you lemons to make lemonade, so when life gives you a chronic illness I think the best thing that can happen is making beautiful friendships with those who truly understand and learn to laugh just as a hard as you did before.

We hope that you are just as excited as we are for the channel to hit your computer screens in the new year and that you'll be keen to get involved and show your support!

Find the girls here: Emma, Hayley, Meg, Sophia

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...